- Ag Ed For...
- FFA Regions
- Shop CA FFA
- California FFA Foundation
- Become an Ag Teacher
Sacramento Leadership Experience
The Sacramento Leadership Experience is California FFA's capstone leadership conference for FFA members. 40 of the best graduating senior FFA members are selected annually to participate. Students step into the role of one of California's 40 Senators. Students are assigned a specific California district, and spend 4 days in Sacramento.
During their time in Sacramento students learn and participate in the following activities:
- How a bill becomes a law
- The importance of demographics to their specific region
- Discuss Senate Bill proposals
- Work in Committees to develop Senate Bills
- Debate Senate Bills in the State Senate Chambers
- Meet Legislators, Legislative Staff, and other key stakeholders to the legislative process
To Apply Applicant Must:
- Be a Graduating Senior in good standing with you FFA Chapter
- Complete entire application, including appropriate signatures
- Submit Application postmarked by January 3, 2013
- Submit a Wallet Size Head and Shoulder Photo in Uniform
Submit Application to:
California Department of Education
Assistant State FFA Advisor
1430 "N" Street, Suite 4202
Sacramento, CA 95814
The registration fee is $350 per person. We are able to use this small
registration fee because the California Association FFA is subsidizing this
conference, as it does with all components of the Integrated Leadership
Included in the registration fee are all conference materials, three nights
lodging (four to a room), transportation while at the conference, meals, and
participation awards for each student.
CHECK OUT A MESSAGE FROM THE 2013 SLE POLITICAL ADVISORS!