- Ag Ed For...
- FFA Regions
- Shop CA FFA
- California FFA Foundation
- Become an Ag Teacher
State Academic Scholarship Program
The California Association of Future Farmers of America Scholarship program is designed to recognize outstanding California FFA members and award students who plan to major in agriculture in the state of California. The California FFA Association with the help of generous sponsors will award over $26,000 in scholarships this year.
Eligibility: The minimum eligibility requirements for all scholarships are as follows:
- Applicant must be a member, in good standing, with the California Association FFA.
- Must not have previously received a State FFA Scholarship
- Applicant must hold the State FFA Degree.
- Applicant must be a high school senior or high school graduate.
- Applicant must pursue higher education at a four year college or university in California with a declared major in agriculture. (Students who intend to attend a community college and then transfer to a four year institution are eligible. Should such a student win a scholarship, the cash award will be held in his/her name until he/she enrolls in the four year institution.)
- Current state FFA officers are not eligible to apply. Former State FFA Officers may only apply for the Jerry T. Davis Honorary Scholarship.
Send Application to:
California FFA Association
Assistant State FFA Advisor
1430 N. Street, Suite 4202
Sacramento, CA 95814
How to Apply
Applicant should complete the California FFA Association State Scholarship Application. All requested information must be recorded on the official application form. No supporting material or extra pages may be added/attached to the application form. The application must be typed.
Applicant should pay close attention to the annual scholarships offered. Some scholarships require specific questions on the application to be completed. If these specific areas are not completed then the applicant will not be eligible for those specific scholarship opportunities.
A scoring committee will select finalists for each award. A member may be selected as a finalist in no more than one scholarship area. Finalists will be required to attend the State FFA Leadership Conference and participate in an interview and presentation ceremony. A finalist who does not attend both activities will not be considered for any award.
Details of each scholarship, including any additional requirements, can be found in the 2013 Scholarship Descriptions document.