- Ag Ed For...
- FFA Regions
- Shop CA FFA
- California FFA Foundation
- Become an Ag Teacher
National Delegate Program
The California FFA Association sends delegates to National FFA Convention annually to serve as the voice for the California FFA Association while at the National FFA Convention. The California FFA Association constitution stipulates that the six state officers and six immediately past state officers will serve as delegates, and if our state is allocated more then 12 delegates an application will be utilized. The past few years we have sent 51 delegates to the National FFA convention, therefore utilizing the application process.
Students who are selected as a CA National Delegate are expected to travel to National FFA Convention, sit on National FFA committees, and debate National FFA issues on behalf of the California FFA membership. It is an extreme honor to be selected as a National Delegate for California.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Hold the Chapter FFA Degree at the time application is made.
- Be a junior or senior in high school at the time of service as a national convention delegate.
- Be an FFA member in good standing with the state association at both the time of application and the time of service.
- Agree to travel to and from the national convention as part of the state association's sponsored trip, at his/her own expense, without compensation or reimbursement from the state organization.
- Attend the state leadership conference immediately preceding the national convention at which the student proposes to serve as a delegate.
- Agree to participate, at his/her own expense, in the National Delegate Training held shortly before the national convention where he/she shall serve as a
- Agree to have no other activities while back at National Convention that would conflict with your duties as a National Delegate.
Send Application to:
California Department of Education
Attn: Assistant FFA Advisor
1430 N. Street, Suite 4503
Sacramento, CA 95814