- Home / Ag Ed for...
- About Us
- FFA Regions
- Career Development Events
- Conference Scholarships
- FFA Awards
- FFA Degrees
- National Delegate Program
- State Academic Scholarships
- State Officer Election
- State Conference Programs
- FFA Foundation
Ag Ed for Advisors
Arbuckle Field Day
MJC Parli-Pro Invitational
Winter State Finals – Fresno State
Tulare Farm Show
MFE/ALA – Visalia
Chico State Parli Pro Invitational
MFE/ALA – Modesto
SC CATA Meeting – San Luis Obispo
State Prof Scoring – Bakersfield
State Officer Exam - Southern CA
State Prof Scoring – Galt
State Officer Exam - Northern CA
State Proficiency Scoring – Galt
Cenl Region CATA/FFA Mtg – CRC
SJ Region CATA/FFA Mtg
Advisor Update - Revised 2/10/15
Arizona National Livestock Show Scholarship
The 2014 Arizona National Livestock Show and 2015 Arizona National Horse Show enjoyed a fantastic season with record numbers of entries, competitors, and events. ANLS participants are eligible for the ANLS Scholarship Program! Since the scholarship program began 20 years ago, over $800,000 has been awarded to deserving applicants. Just last year, over $54,000 was awarded to 28 scholarship recipients and top scholarships were worth an impressive $3000.
The ANLS Scholarship Program is open to ANY student who participated at ANY time as an exhibitor, volunteer, or contest participant in either the Arizona National Livestock Show or Arizona National Horse Show. Applicants can be non-Arizona residents and/or attending non-Arizona colleges/universities. Applicants can even be majoring in a non-agriculture degree program.
Eligibility criteria includes the following:
- Student must have participated in the ANLS as an exhibitor, volunteer, or contest participant
- Student must be a high school graduate
- Student must have completed at least 12 college credits
- Student must be currently taking at least 12 college credits
- Student must be maintaining a 2.5 GPA
The deadline for submitting an ANLS Scholarship Application is March 15, 2015. More information about the program can be found on the Scholarship Page on the ANLS website (http://www.anls.org/p/about-anls/196). A "Fill-In," downloadable PDF file of the scholarship application is available towards the bottom of the page.
The ANLS organization is dedicated to "Growing the Future" by investing in youth who have demonstrated an interest in the well-being and future of agriculture. The ANLS Scholarship Program is a GREAT opportunity and we'd like to encourage as many students as possible to apply for the program.
Questions can be directed to the ANLS Office at 602-258-8568, or email inquiries sent to email@example.com.
WIX Filters Box Top Program and Fundraisers
Raise Money for Your Chapter with WIX Filters Box Tops
At WIX, we haven’t forgotten where we got our start. And that’s why we’re offering your FFA chapter an easy way to crank up its cash crop. All you have to do is encourage your friends, neighbors and family to use WIX filters. During the fundraising period, WIX will donate $.25 to your FFA chapter for every official WIX box top redeemed. Farmers, truck owners, repair shops, garages and auto parts stores can all help you earn money. Just collect their WIX part-numbered box tops and send them in. Last year WIX Filters donated nearly $50,000 to local FFA chapters throughout the United States as part of the promotion.
We’ll Get in the Dirt with You
To help achieve your fundraising goals, we’ll stir up some attention with a national and regional campaign. Targeting farm-oriented publications, our press releases will explain how using WIX filters can help FFA chapters such as yours. This advance information will get people in your community on board and excited about this program. Your Local WIX Distributor Will Be a Big Help Participating auto parts stores will also give you some powerful support by displaying posters and promoting the purchase of WIX filters. Just visit wixfilters.com for the name of your local WIX distributor. In addition, a WIX Filters District Manager will be available for any advice and information you may need during the fundraiser.
$5,000 in Bonus Money
If your chapter is one of four that submits the most box tops per member, we’ll send you a bonus check for $1,000. We’ll also send a $1,000 check to the chapter that shows the highest percentage increase over last year’s fundraiser. These bonuses are in addition to the money you earn for each box top. So get to work and earn some serious cash.
Over 65 Years of Nurturing this Crop
It started for WIX back in 1939, when we began manufacturing oil filters specifically for farm tractor engines. Since then, we’ve become one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of engine and specialty filters of all kinds, as well as the #1 filter in NASCAR®. We’ve nurtured this reputation by making the highest quality filters for virtually all makes and models of equipment. Since WIX shares a rich history with the agricultural industry, we’re proud to support FFA. Sponsoring this annual fundraiser is our way of helping to ensure that the next generation continues the vital tradition of farming and agricultural careers. And that we’ll be a part of it.
Get Ready for a Cash Harvest
Be sure to redeem your WIX box tops before April 30. Use claim form #WI-1615 RCF. Ask your local WIX distributor for the claim form or call (704) 869-3343 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET. We can’t wait to start receiving your box tops and send you a check in support of your FFA chapter. We’re proud that WIX Filters can help you rake in the cash.
NEW Nominating Committee Procedures
Potential members of the State Officer Nominating Committee for 2015 should be aware of a few changes to this years procedures. Please visit the Nominating Committee Web Page for details.
1. Nominating Committee members selected will be expected to attend their first meeting on March 13, 2015 at the FFA Center. California FFA will be handling all expenses for this meeting.
2. This year the candidates for State Office will be attening a test and writing activity prior to convention, and the nominating committee will help screen the applicant prior to State FFA Leadership Convention.
Merced College Field Day Information
Merced College Agriculture Division cordially invites you to participate in our 47th Annual FFA Field Day on March 21, 2015.
WHEN: March 15, 2015
WHERE: Merced College Agriculture Division
State FFA Conference Registration NOW OPEN!!
Registration for the 87th State FFA Leadership Conference is NOW OPEN!! A few highlights include:
1. Registration is now $100, which is a savings of $25 from past years.
2. Medical/Liability Release forms will only be collected for delegates, nominating committee members, state officer candidates, and band/choir participants.
3. Check out the State Officer Facebook page for the Concert Announcement
Farm Water Video Contest
The Farm Water Video Contest is sponsored by the California Farm Water Coalition in recognition of Water Awareness Month and is opened to all FFA Chapters in California. The objective of the contest is to illustrate farm water use efficiency practiced by California farmers as they grow food and fiber crops for consumers in California and around the world.
Who May Enter
All California FFA Chapters may enter. Entries represent the Chapter and may be a team or individual effort. Limit one entry per Chapter.
Entry Guidelines - CLICK HERE for Entry Form
- Each entry must be submitted on two playable DVDs with no menus as well as a separate movie file, ie. .mov, .wmv or.avi.
- Video length must be a minimum of 1 minute and no longer than 3 minutes.
- No copyrighted material may be used in the video.
- No professional assistance allowed.
- By submitting a video, the entrant certifies that the entrant has all of the necessary rights to utilize the content in the video, and the right to authorize the California Farm Water Coalition to use the video.
All entries must be received in the California Farm Water Coalition office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 16, 2015. (Submission of the video authorizes the California Farm Water Coalition specific permission to use, copy and distribute the submitted video for public information and/or educational purposes with no financial compensation.)
Prizes (All prizes will be awarded to individual FFA Chapters.)
First Place $500
Second Place $300
Winning entries will be selected by a panel of farm water representatives. Winning entries will be posted to the California Farm Water Coalition website during Water Awareness Month in May 2015.
Students may wish to visit www.farmwater.org to review information related to farm water use in California.
West Hills College Field Day
West Hills College FFA Field Day will be held on March 7, 2014. They will be hosting the following contests:
- Ag Mechanics
- Small Engines-hosted by Coalinga High School Agriculture Department
- Farm Records
- Farm Power
- COOP Quiz
- Land Judging
- Horse Judging
More information will be coming soon.
California FFA Newsletter - Winter Issue Available
The official newsletter and magazine for students enrolled in an Agricultural Education program in California. Published in fall, winter, spring and early summer, the newsletter is made available to over 76,000 students, educators, administrators and supporters of Agricultural Education. Each issue has updates from the State Officer team, local program spotlights, award and CDE results, information on leadership and personal growth conferences, and details on upcoming events.
Lincoln Welding Resources for Ag Mechanics Classrooms
Lincoln Welding provides a variety of resources for Agricultural Mechanics teachers. Please take a look at the resources below.
- Educator discount program - Download Flyer - An educator login is required to order at the discounted rate. Accounts can be set up at: http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/education-center/Pages/education-login-or-register.aspx
- Professional Development Workshops - Information about the professional development workshops can be found at: http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/education-center/seminars-and-workshops/Pages/educator-workshop.aspx.
- At this time, Lincoln Welding has a beginner and advanced workshop scheduled for summer, 2015. The two workshops that are set up are a great value at $200 for a week of professional development. These tend to fill up fast as they’re limited to 24 participants in each.
- James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation Award Program: http://www.jflf.org/awards/Awards-Home.aspx.
A good point of contact is the office’s administrative assistant, Vicki Wilson 216-383-2240 firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2015 California FFA Association Applications are now online
Please notice that the Conference Scholarship Program is back. We will be offering conference scholarships starting with the 2015 State FFA Conference. Also the State FFA Executive Committee added a Star Adult award for 2015. For the 2015 State FFA Conference we will be recognizing star Supporting Faculty/Staff Members.
- Conference Scholarships
- Hall of Chapters
- Honorary Awards
- National Convention Delegate
- Sacramento Leadership Conferece
- Star Adult Awards (I.E. Advisor, Administrator, Counselor, & Supporting Staff)
- Star Reporter Award
- State Band, Choir, & Talent
- State FFA Degree
- State FFA Officer Nominating Committee
- State FFA Officer Candidate
- State Star Farmer Award
- State Sub-Committee Chair
- Superior Chapter Award
- Website Design
California FFA Gear
The California FFA Association has partnered with Paula Maita and company out of Elk Grove, CA to offer a line apparel, bags, hats, etc with an exclusive California FFA Logo. If you are interested please CLICK HERE. The proceeds directly benefit the California FFA Association. Also if you are interested in the quality work and service Paula Maita provides, you may contact them directly for chapter specific promotional items.