- Home / Ag Ed for...
- About Us
- FFA Regions
- Career Development Events
- Conference Scholarships
- FFA Awards
- FFA Degrees
- National Delegate Program
- State Academic Scholarships
- State Officer Election
- State Conference Programs
- Calendar of Events
- Career Development Events
- State FFA Conference
- National FFA Convention
- Leadership Conferences
- State Events
- FFA Foundation
- Teach Ag Ed
Ag Ed for Advisors
7 - San Joaquin State Degree EFM/WFM, Fresno
8 - San Joaquin State Degree TK, Tulare
9 - San Joaquin State Degree SEQ, Tulare
11 - Southern Region Spring Mtg, Pomona
11 - Cal Poly Pomona Field Day
16 - State Speaking Semifinals, Fresno
16 - Spring FFA Executive Meeting, Fresno
17 - State Parli Pro Finals, Fresno
18 - Fresno Field Day
18 - Clovis Wedling/ Specialty Animal Contest
18-21 - State FFA Leadership Conference, Fresno
2 - State CDE Finals, Cal Poly SLO
Advisor Update - Revised 5/28/15
Chapter Scoops - California FFA Insert
Submit your FFA Chapter Scoops and see them published in the New Horizons Magazine
1. Submit a 100-150 word article about your chapter’s recent activity.
- Please do not include members or advisors names within the article.
- b. The article should be about an interesting/unique type of FFA activity. This is an opportunity to showcase new and innovative chapter activities.
2. Attach a GREAT quality digital photo.
- Photos should be in color and help further explain the submitted article.
- Photos must include members with appropriate clothing & behavior.
- Photos must be sent as individual jpeg files.
3. Email the above information to email@example.com. The Subject of the email must include your chapter’s name. In the email, please include the author of the chapter scoop and title of the article.
Chapter Scoop Submission Deadlines:
Material is due by:
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Tuesday, March 1, 2015
* If the Chapter Scoop does not meet the above qualifications, it may not be included in the publication. Material sent after the respective due date will not be included.
New Horizons Magazine & California Insert
Starting with the Fall 2015 issue, which should be received by the end of August, magazines will be mailed to California chapters in bundles, not boxes (see attached photo for example). A bundle equals 60 magazines so if a chapter has 100 members, they will get one bundle of 60 magazines and one bundle of 40 magazines. Each bundle will be mailed via United States Postal Service and addressed to the chapter. Within the bundles, every magazine will be labeled with the chapter’s name and address. This way, we can ensure that every magazine will reach chapters. If you have any questions about this change, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me or Julie Woodard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secondly now is a great time to consider direct home delivery of FFA New Horizons for your members. The National FFA Organization, with the support of the California Association of FFA, is now offering optional/voluntary home delivery of FFA New Horizons to student homes in California rather than as a bulk delivery to your school. This is a voluntary opt-in program.
- Chapters that wish to opt-in should verify that student mailing addresses are listed in their FFA roster found at ffa.org. Students with undeliverable addresses will have their magazine shipped to your school.
- This will be an ongoing request. You are welcome to sign up now, sign up later, or ignore this request all together. Chapters that opt-in for student home delivery will still get one complimentary chapter copy mailed to your school.
- Online access to the entire magazine as well as the national teaching guide is always available (at no charge) at: http://ffanewhorizons.org/teaching-guides/.
To opt-in, please answer three questions on this form: http://goo.gl/forms/80wvLzAxyF
Agriculture Teacher Consultant List
The provided list has been developed to serve as a resource guide for teachers. If your in the need of advice on a particular topic of agriculture education please take a look at the list to find a few experts in the field. Please also pass on to State Staff if a correction or asddition should be made to the list. [MORE - PDF Consultant List]
FFA Day at Dodger Stadium
FFA Chapters are invited to FFA Day at Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers will be hosting the Pittsburg Pirates.
When: Sept. 20 at 1:10PM
Cost: Range from $20-$39
California FFA Newsletter - Summer Issue Available
The official newsletter and magazine for students enrolled in an Agricultural Education program in California. Published in fall, winter, spring and early summer, the newsletter is made available to over 76,000 students, educators, administrators and supporters of Agricultural Education. Each issue has updates from the State Officer team, local program spotlights, award and CDE results, information on leadership and personal growth conferences, and details on upcoming events.
Vision 2030 Curriculum Efforts
Here is the link to access the course frameworks for Agriculture Science courses. http://ucci.ucop.edu/integrated-courses/a-g-table.html - if you scroll down to each course and click it individually you can access the content. All three lab science courses have been approved by the UC and can be implemented in local schools this coming year.
A Google Drive of lesson resources is being added to and will be accessible by our whole membership following the conclusion of the UCCI Teacher Exchange on August 3rd and 4th. The Teacher Exchange Event is essentially a facilitated lesson plan development activity that the UC Curriculum Integration office coordinates and oversees. Participants and local school districts are responsible for all travel and lodging, but the event is free to attend.
87th State FFA Conference Proceedings
Please follow the links below for the proceedings of the 87th State FFA Leadership Conference
- Award Press Releases and Photos
- Conference proceedings
- Videos from Convention including Retiring Addresses
Lincoln Welding Resources for Ag Mechanics Classrooms
Lincoln Welding provides a variety of resources for Agricultural Mechanics teachers. Please take a look at the resources below.
- Educator discount program - Download Flyer - An educator login is required to order at the discounted rate. Accounts can be set up at: http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/education-center/Pages/education-login-or-register.aspx
- Professional Development Workshops - Information about the professional development workshops can be found at: http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/education-center/seminars-and-workshops/Pages/educator-workshop.aspx.
- At this time, Lincoln Welding has a beginner and advanced workshop scheduled for summer, 2015. The two workshops that are set up are a great value at $200 for a week of professional development. These tend to fill up fast as they’re limited to 24 participants in each.
- James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation Award Program: http://www.jflf.org/awards/Awards-Home.aspx.
A good point of contact is the office’s administrative assistant, Vicki Wilson 216-383-2240 email@example.com.
California FFA Gear
The California FFA Association has partnered with Paula Maita and company out of Elk Grove, CA to offer a line apparel, bags, hats, etc with an exclusive California FFA Logo. If you are interested please CLICK HERE. The proceeds directly benefit the California FFA Association. Also if you are interested in the quality work and service Paula Maita provides, you may contact them directly for chapter specific promotional items.