- Home / Ag Ed for...
- About Us
- FFA Regions
- Career Development Events
- Conference Scholarships
- FFA Awards
- FFA Degrees
- National Delegate Program
- State Academic Scholarships
- State Officer Election
- State Conference Programs
- FFA Foundation
Ag Ed for Advisors
State CATA Governing Board - Galt
MFE/ALA – Redding
Dinuba Vine Pruning Contest
Coalinga Natural Resources Contest
Clovis Tree Pruning Contest
Etna Invitational Contest
MFE/ALA – Monterey
MFE/ALA – Monterey #2
Tulelake Invitational Contest
Hanford Citrus Contest
Reedley Mid-Winter Field Day
MFE/ALA – Ontario
Tulare Citrus Contest
Minarets Parli Pro and Creed Invitational
Check With Regional Supervisor for Dates
- Star Farmer Apps Due
- State Degree Apps Due
- Proficiency Award Apps Due
1 Agriscience Teacher Apps Due
1 Hall of Chapter Apps Due
1 National Chapter Apps Due
1 Star Administrator Apps Due
1 Star Advisor Apps Due
1 Star Counselor Apps Due
1 Star Reporter Apps Due
1 State Band,Choir,Talent Apps Due
1 State Scholarship Apps Due
1 State Superior Chapter Apps Due
1 National Scholarship Apps Due
15* State Nom Com Apps Due
15* State Officer Apps Due
27 Online State Conf Reg. Due
6 State Conf Hardcopy Forms Due
Advisor Update - Revised 1/15/15
State FFA Conference Registration NOW OPEN!!
Registration for the 87th State FFA Leadership Conference is NOW OPEN!! A few highlights include:
1. Registration is now $100, which is a savings of $25 from past years.
2. Medical/Liability Release forms will only be collected for delegates, nominating committee members, state officer candidates, and band/choir participants.
3. Check out the State Officer Facebook page for the Concert Announcement
2014-15 Chapter DUE DATE Guide
The Chapter Due Date guide should serve as a resource for all FFA Application and Conference Registration Due Date. Please download the File Below.
NEW Nominating Committee Procedures
Potential members of the State Officer Nominating Committee for 2015 should be aware of a few changes to this years procedures. Please visit the Nominating Committee Web Page for details.
1. Nominating Committee members selected will be expected to attend their first meeting on March 13, 2015 at the FFA Center. California FFA will be handling all expenses for this meeting.
2. This year the candidates for State Office will be attening a test and writing activity prior to convention, and the nominating committee will help screen the applicant prior to State FFA Leadership Convention.
NEW State Officer Candidate Information
Potential State Officer Candidates for the 2015-16 State Officer Team should be aware of some new procedures to the election process. Please visit the State Officer Candidate Web Page for details.
If you have decided that you want to run for state office, what are the procedures to be followed?
- Filing the application and character surveys by February 15.
- Attend the assigned Examination Date. NEW!!
- February 24 – Exam #1 in Bakersfield (Assigned Regions: San Joaquin, South Coast, and Southern)
- February 25 – Exam #2 in Galt (Assigned Regions: Central, North Coast, and Superior)
- If selected appear at the State FFA Leadership Conference and be prepared to go before the Nominating Committee for screening. You are expected to meet in the lobby of the Fresno Doubletree Hotel by 4:45pm on the Friday prior to the State FFA Leadership Conference.
- The Friday night activities will include a brief orientation and interviews at the committee’s discretion.
- Saturday, the committee will reconvene in the Doubletree Hotel. There will be interviews and evaluations of the candidates throughout the evening and all day Sunday.
- On Monday of the State Conference, the committee will report its decision to the delegation, and the candidates will find out then if they have been nominated and for which office. The candidates will give their nomination speeches and then there will be a “Meet the Candidates” reception prior to voting. Then balloting will take place with a majority vote needed to elect.
California FFA News Submission
Article Submission Magazine is Published
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 Spring 2015
Wednesday, April 8, 2015 Early Summer 2015
Chapter Scoop Details
1) Submit an article about your chapter’s recent activity.
- Article should be 100-150 words. (If article exceeds 150 words, it will be adjusted at the editor’s discretion.)
- Please do not include members or advisors names within the article.
- The “Chapter Scoop” should be about an interesting and/or unique type of FFA activity. We are not interested in the traditional type of activities to include monthly meetings, Career Development Events and judging teams. This is an opportunity to showcase new and innovative chapter activities.
2) Attach a GREAT quality digital photo.
- Ensure the photo is in color and showcases a picture to help further explain the submitted article.
- Photos that are acceptable include members in appropriate clothing and displaying appropriate behavior.
- Photos must be sent as individual JPEG files.
3) Email the above information to Jackie Garcia at email@example.com.
- The Subject of the email must include your chapter’s name. In the email, please include the author of the chapter scoop.
Alumni On The Go!
This is an opportunity to showcase alumni from your chapter.
1) Submit an alumnus with photos of the past and present..
- A great quality photo should be submitted in JPEG format.
2) Alumnus should complete the form on the reverse side and should be out of the FFA for a minimum of five years.
Please send Alumni On The Go information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California FFA News takes great pride in its members and chapters; we hope YOU take advantage of this great opportunity and showcase the outstanding activities your chapter is currently involved in!
America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders Scholarship
We are thrilled to announce a new scholarship program, America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders, sponsored by the Monsanto Fund, designed to build the future of ag! Agriculture is an exciting industry with hundreds of diverse career opportunities. This new program is working to get students like you interested in agriculture by providing $1,500 scholarships to further your education. For more information about America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders, visit GrowAgLeaders.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
From November 15 through February 1, students can apply online at www.FFA.org/scholarships. Farmers can endorse applicants through February 8. Recipients will be notified in the spring of 2015. Farmers play an important role in the process, as students must seek endorsements from at least three local farmers. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to connect with me via email at email@example.com or via phone at 314-694-5718.
Youth & Community Outreach Manager, Monsanto Company
Hanford Citrus Judging Contest
|When:||Saturday, January 24, 2015|
Hanford HS Agriculture Building
$5 per contestant/coach
|RSVP by Jan.16, 2015||
Reedley Mid Winter Field Day and State Finals
Reedley College Winter Field Day and State Finals will be held on January 24 on the Reedley College Campus. Registration will open at 7:30 AM at the Agriculture Department. The contests will begin at 8:00 AM. Vine Pruning and Tree Pruning contests will be offered in addition to the Natural Resources state final contest.
The Natural Resources Contest Oral Topic of ENERGY will focus on the question of How might safe, sustainable energy be developed for human needs.
General understanding of the following items is recommended:
What is energy
Hydrogen and Other Possible Energy Sources
Renewable versus Non-Renewable Energy Sources
Effects on the Environment from Human Uses of Energy
Reference Material from the following online sources will be used:
California Energy Commission
Educational Website http://energyquest.ca.gov/index.html
With a focus on “The Energy Story” http://energyquest.ca.gov/story/index.html
Additional resources http://www.energy.ca.gov/
Tulare FFA Citrus Contest
Your invited to attend:
The 9th Annual
Tulare FFA/Garry Holtman Invitational
When: January 31, 2015
Registration: 8:30 am
Contest: 9:00 am
Where: 591 West Bardsley
Please RSVP Before January 15, 2015
(559) 687-7393 fax or
Contest limited to 1 “A” Team per School
You may bring as many “B” Teams as you want!!
Coaches will be needed for assisting in tabulations!
17th Annual Arbuckle Field Day
Registration for the 17th Annual Arbuckle Field Day on Feb. 7, 2015, is now open! Please register through calaged.org.
West Hills College Field Day
West Hills College FFA Field Day will be held on March 7, 2014. They will be hosting the following contests:
- Ag Mechanics
- Small Engines-hosted by Coalinga High School Agriculture Department
- Farm Records
- Farm Power
- COOP Quiz
- Land Judging
- Horse Judging
More information will be coming soon.
California FFA Newsletter - Winter Issue Available
The official newsletter and magazine for students enrolled in an Agricultural Education program in California. Published in fall, winter, spring and early summer, the newsletter is made available to over 76,000 students, educators, administrators and supporters of Agricultural Education. Each issue has updates from the State Officer team, local program spotlights, award and CDE results, information on leadership and personal growth conferences, and details on upcoming events.
Lincoln Welding Resources for Ag Mechanics Classrooms
Lincoln Welding provides a variety of resources for Agricultural Mechanics teachers. Please take a look at the resources below.
- Educator discount program - Download Flyer - An educator login is required to order at the discounted rate. Accounts can be set up at: http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/education-center/Pages/education-login-or-register.aspx
- Professional Development Workshops - Information about the professional development workshops can be found at: http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/education-center/seminars-and-workshops/Pages/educator-workshop.aspx.
- At this time, Lincoln Welding has a beginner and advanced workshop scheduled for summer, 2015. The two workshops that are set up are a great value at $200 for a week of professional development. These tend to fill up fast as they’re limited to 24 participants in each.
- James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation Award Program: http://www.jflf.org/awards/Awards-Home.aspx.
A good point of contact is the office’s administrative assistant, Vicki Wilson 216-383-2240 firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Degree Frames
Notification was sent via email to the following American Degree recipients who were unable to attend convention to receive their award.
Congratulations on receiving your American FFA Degree. We are sorry you were unable to attend the 87th National FFA Convention & Expo in Louisville, Ky to receive your award, certificate and key. Those who attended the event received a matted frame to hold the award certificate and key. Only the certificates and keys were returned to your state office for distribution. You may claim your free [shipping NOT included] matted frame by using the link and registration code below by Jan. 15, 2015. The charge for shipping the matted frame will be $12.00.
- Full Name
- Registration Code: 000-000000-0000
Minarets Creed & Parli-Pro Contest
The O’Neals-Minarets Chapter cordially invites you to our fifth annual Invitational Leadership contest! This contest is a perfect opportunity for your chapter’s teams to gain extra practice before your season begins. We would love for each and every one of you to attend this year!
This event will be held at Minarets High School in O’Neals, California on January 31st, 2015. The contests will include both Parliamentary Procedure as well as Creed Speaking. Creed Speaking will begin at 8 AM sharp; Parliamentary Procedure will begin at 10 AM. Every team must be there prior for check in and registration begins at 7:00 AM. You will be able to enter students in both contests; we have done our best to secure a schedule that allows participation in both.
Please see attachments below
2015 Scholarship Applicationgoes live November 15, 2014.
Students will again access the application through their Agricultural Career Network (AgCN) accounts. FFA members will create AgCN accounts using information from invitations generated by their FFA advisors. Students who have AgCN accounts do not need another invitation. Students “SIGN IN” at FFA.org, then click the “National Scholarships” menu button to access the application.
Advisors log into AgCN to renew rosters and issue invitations. Advisors who do not already have an AgCN login should obtain one from state staff. FFA members must be renewed and active on the chapter roster for advisors to issue invitations. Invite codes appear next to member names on the active roster. Invitations can be generated individually or by using the “Bulk Action” option.
Reminder: Under no circumstances should an FFA member EVER create an account as a Community Member. “Community” is for non-member use only and sends students to the non-member application. FFA members submitting a “non-member” application will NOT qualify for scholarships with membership criteria. (Submitting more than one application is grounds for disqualification.)
Membership status is checked before judging begins. Only students with a current, active membership status will be eligible to compete for scholarships. The deadline to ensure active membership is March 1, 2015. National FFA will not contact states during judging to confirm status.
Last year’s pilot program for America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders scholarships (presented by Monsanto) was a huge success. This year, 352 scholarships will be offered through this program. To qualify, applicants must obtain three electronic farmer endorsements. Details will be available after November 15th at FFA.org/scholarships (click the America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders logo) or at GrowAgLeaders.com.
DEADLINES: The 2015 online application must be submitted prior to 5:00 p.m. EST Feb. 1, 2015.
Signature Pages must be mailed postmarked no later than Feb. 8, 2015.
AgCN and/or membership questions? Call 317-802-6060. Scholarship questions? Email Scholarships@ffa.org.
The 2015 California FFA Association Applications are now online
Please notice that the Conference Scholarship Program is back. We will be offering conference scholarships starting with the 2015 State FFA Conference. Also the State FFA Executive Committee added a Star Adult award for 2015. For the 2015 State FFA Conference we will be recognizing star Supporting Faculty/Staff Members.
- Conference Scholarships
- Hall of Chapters
- Honorary Awards
- National Convention Delegate
- Sacramento Leadership Conferece
- Star Adult Awards (I.E. Advisor, Administrator, Counselor, & Supporting Staff)
- Star Reporter Award
- State Band, Choir, & Talent
- State FFA Degree
- State FFA Officer Nominating Committee
- State FFA Officer Candidate
- State Star Farmer Award
- State Sub-Committee Chair
- Superior Chapter Award
- Website Design
California FFA Gear
The California FFA Association has partnered with Paula Maita and company out of Elk Grove, CA to offer a line apparel, bags, hats, etc with an exclusive California FFA Logo. If you are interested please CLICK HERE. The proceeds directly benefit the California FFA Association. Also if you are interested in the quality work and service Paula Maita provides, you may contact them directly for chapter specific promotional items.