- Home / Ag Ed for...
- About Us
- FFA Regions
- Career Development Events
- Conference Scholarships
- FFA Awards
- FFA Degrees
- National Delegate Program
- State Academic Scholarships
- State Officer Election
- State Conference Programs
- Calendar of Events
- Career Development Events
- State FFA Conference
- Schedule of Events
- General Sessions
- Delegate Operations
- Award Finalists
- State Scholarship & Proficiency Finalists
- Nominating Committee & State Officer Candidates
- State FFA Conference Press Releases & Media Info
- State FFA Conference Proceedings
- Delegate Operations
- State Conference Programs
- National FFA Convention
- Leadership Conferences
- State Events
- FFA Foundation
Ag Ed for Advisors
4-5 Central COLC
11-12 SC COLC
16-20 Junior Grand National - Cow Palace
18 - Southern COLC
26-31 National FFA Convention
Advisor Update - Revised 10/24/14
Good Luck at National FFA Convention
Ladies and Gentlemen:
As we are all beginning to prepare for the annual trip to the National FFA Convention, the California FFA Association would like to wish everyone safe travels and we would look forward to seeing you back in Louisville,KY. The California FFA Association once again has a Suite reserved during the general sessionsin Freedom Hall. Please come by and visit us at Suite S-1. We look forward to meeting parents, counselors, administrators, and other guests who are traveling with you to Convention.
We would also like to extend a congratulations and good luck to all of the competitors this year. We look forward to another strong year for California FFA, as we compete on the national stage. As results come in please pass the outcomes on to us. We would like to highight our many student accomplishments on the California FFA Facebook page.
Once again, safe travels and good luck.
California FFA Association
The 2015 California FFA Association Applications are now online
Please notice that the Conference Scholarship Program is back. We will be offering conference scholarships starting with the 2015 State FFA Conference. Also the State FFA Executive Committee added a Star Adult award for 2015. For the 2015 State FFA Conference we will be recognizing star Supporting Faculty/Staff Members.
- Conference Scholarships
- Hall of Chapters
- Honorary Awards
- National Convention Delegate
- Sacramento Leadership Conferece
- Star Adult Awards (I.E. Advisor, Administrator, Counselor, & Supporting Staff)
- Star Reporter Award
- State Band, Choir, & Talent
- State FFA Degree
- State FFA Officer Nominating Committee
- State FFA Officer Candidate
- State Star Farmer Award
- State Sub-Committee Chair
- Superior Chapter Award
- Website Design
National FFA Convention News
The National FFA Organization is thrilled to have 55,000+ members, advisors, and supporters converging on Louisville next week. National FFA staff has worked hard to make this convention and expo the best yet. We’re excited to see many of you there. As with any gathering of this magnitude, issues may arise. National FFA staff will all be wearing credential badges and are happy to help with questions and concerns that you and your delegation may have during the week. Additionally, advisors, chaperones, and state staff are encouraged to call on me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or cell phone (317-802-4347) should the need arise.
- Download the 2014 Convention and Expo Guidebook App: Keep the convention and expo at your fingertips with the guidebook app, which features up–to–date information on what’s happening every minute. We have apps developed for both Android and Apple users for both smart phones and tablets. Apps provide for a customized convention experience with scheduling features you can set ahead of time for your chapter and individual student needs. Schedules can be added with reminders and locations to help ensure your chapter has a great convention experience. Learn more and download the apps at: https://guidebook.com/app/FFA2014/
- Convention live on RFD-TV and i-High: For those that can’t make it to convention this year, keep up with all the happenings live and in real time on i-High at http://www.ihigh.com/ffa/ and on TV as part of our ongoing partnership with RFD-TV. RFD-TV is available on most major satellite and cable television providers. Not a current subscriber? Find RFD-TV in your area at: http://www.rfdtv.com/link/649370/find-us-in-your-area RFD-TV subscribers are encouraged to watch tonight (Monday, October 20th) at 8pm EDT for a special one hour feature on “Rural America Live” devoted to National FFA
- Courtesy Corps volunteers needed: Do you want to help make the 2014 National FFA Convention & Expo a success? The National FFA Convention & Expo Courtesy Corps is a great way for FFA members to get involved and help ensure our annual convention and expo is a success. Interested students can sign up at: https://register.ffa.org/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x37393abcd New this year: Members who register and volunteer for a Courtesy Corp shift will be entered to win a $50 Shop FFA gift card for providing great service.
- State Photos: Please be sure to take part in your state photo if your schedule allows. Find a full list of state photo times at: https://www.ffa.org/documents/conv_state_photo_sched2014.pdf.
- Alumni Auction: FFA supporters are encouraged to check out the live auction Thursday evening of convention. This National FFA Alumni event raises funds to directly support FFA members across the nation. This is a live auction of 23 great items including a New Holland tractor/baler lease, an Oregon fly fishing experience, a trip for two to Germany, hotel nights, gift baskets, and much more. Please note that the National FFA Alumni no longer holds a silent auction. The live auction is the main fundraising event for this group. Supporters can attend in person at 8pm, Thursday, October 30th in KEC South Wing C, rooms 203-204. Proxy bidding can be arranged for those who can’t attend in person or for those who would like to bid from home. Check out all the great live auction items at: https://www.ffa.org/alumni/events/Pages/Convention.aspx
- Ticket Exchange: Looking to buy or sell convention/concert tickets? Please use the Iowa Team Ag Ed ticket exchange at: https://sites.google.com/a/teamaged.com/www/natl-conv-tickets. Need to exchange tickets on site? National FFA staff is unable to facilitate a fully functioning ticket exchange but there will be a message board at the main registration desk for advisors to post requests and items for sale with a cell phone number. National FFA staff will not manage or run this board but it will be available.
- Safety at Convention: Visit our safety page at: https://www.ffa.org/events/conventionandexpo/planning/Pages/Safety-and-Emergency.aspx for reminders and tips for a safe week in Louisville. Please remember that valuables should never be stored in school busses, vans, rental cars, etc. while parked at KEC or at a hotel. Although the KEC parking lot is patrolled by security officers, items stolen from vehicles has occurred in the past. Opportunistic minded people know our schedule and often know that school vans, busses, cars, etc. parked at KEC on Friday or Saturday might be packed with luggage for the trip home. This can present an unintended opportunity for theft. Please do not leave your vehicle unattended if it is packed with luggage and other valuables.
- Parking/Shuttles/Ground Transportation: Please review details for parking at: https://www.ffa.org/Events/conventionandexpo/planning/Pages/Parking.aspx. If your chapter is attending one of the concerts downtown please note the special parking details on this page. A KEC parking pass will not work for downtown parking. Chapters using the shuttle system can find route schedules on this page too.
- Convention Theme Song: The National FFA Officers have broken tradition in an exciting way. They’ve released the convention theme song in advance of convention. They hope that thousands of members will know the song and its lyrics before they arrive in Louisville. Please share the song in your chapter and have fun with this year’s theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX5wcpYV2QE
- Social Media: Students, advisors, and supporters are encouraged to share their convention experience on social media with the hashtag #goFFA. Last year the convention hashtag showed up in the top ten of trending phrases. Help convention trend again through the use of #goFFA.
2014 Intertribal Agriculture Council Youth Essay Contest
The Intertribal Agriculture Council is currently accepting essays for their 2014 Youth Essay Contest; “Feeding the Future and Filling the Age Gap in Indian Agriculture”. This essay contest is open to any youth grades 9-12 enrolled in a federally recognized tribe. With so many great ag education programs working with Native American populations in the west, please share this opportunity in your state. Students who are selected as finalists will have their travel (plus an adult teacher/chaperone) paid to Las Vegas in December for the Annual Membership Meeting and conference of the Intertribal Agriculture Council.
Essay submissions are due November 1st and more information including contest rules can be found at: http://www.indianaglink.com/youth/ Thanks for your help in promoting cooperation and good-will between agriculture education and American Indian students in your state.
National Convention Trip Update
We are a little over a week away from the National Convention Trip. Please be aware that flight and schedule information is available to help you plan for your departure.
- Please follow the link below to access your flight itinerary information http://www.calaged.org/nationalconvention. On the page you will find your appropriate flight package, which would be either Trip C (Convention Only) or D (Convention and DC) out of SMF (Sacramento or ONT (Ontario). Please take a look at the general flight information including: Check In Info, Security Info, and Luggage Info
- For general National FFA information, Session Schedules, and CDE Schedules please visit https://www.ffa.org/Events/conventionandexpo/Pages/default.aspx.
We will see you in Louisville. Safe Travels!
National FFA Food for all Grants
The 2015 FFA: Food For All grant application is now OPEN! Middle and high school FFA chapters may apply for up to $2,500 to support year-long service-learning projects that meet a hunger need. The application and resources are available at www.FFA.org/FoodForAll. Informational webinars start next week!
Applications are due Wednesday, November 26, 2014. Please feel free to contact Stefonie Sebastian (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Capital Press for FFA Programs
Good morning Ag Teachers,
At this time you should have received the first month of Capital Press (the west's agricultural newspaper) to your classroom. If you haven't been receiving the Capital Press and would like to, then please email Hannah Brause with the following items
- Teacher Name:
- Number of copies requesting (1-6):
- School Address:
We would be more them happy to get those shipped out to you.
Also please keep in mind the Capital Press Reporter Award. The Reporters that are sending the most quality articles to Capital Press will receive a $500 check made out to them personally, from the Capital Press. To participate have your reporters send news to FFA@capitalpress.com.
California FFA Newsletter - Fall Issue Available
The official newsletter and magazine for students enrolled in an Agricultural Education program in California. Published in fall, winter, spring and early summer, the newsletter is made available to over 76,000 students, educators, administrators and supporters of Agricultural Education. Each issue has updates from the State Officer team, local program spotlights, award and CDE results, information on leadership and personal growth conferences, and details on upcoming events.
2014-15 Chapter DUE DATE Guide
The Chapter Due Date guide should serve as a resoure for all FFA Application and Conference Registration Due Date. Please download the File Below.
Helping Students Begin Their SAE Grant
Students can earn $1,000 to grow their SAE! Students can access the SAE Grant Application directly from their Degree Application Manager in AgCN. Review a list of the National FFA corporate sponsors that support this program, and their company information, to help students identify and select appropriate SAE Grant applications. Learn more at National FFA's site and encourage students to begin their application today!
California FFA News Submission
Article Submission Magazine is Published
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 Late Fall/Winter 2014
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 Spring 2015
Wednesday, April 8, 2015 Early Summer 2015
Chapter Scoop Details
1) Submit an article about your chapter’s recent activity.
- Article should be 100-150 words. (If article exceeds 150 words, it will be adjusted at the editor’s discretion.)
- Please do not include members or advisors names within the article.
- The “Chapter Scoop” should be about an interesting and/or unique type of FFA activity. We are not interested in the traditional type of activities to include monthly meetings, Career Development Events and judging teams. This is an opportunity to showcase new and innovative chapter activities.
2) Attach a GREAT quality digital photo.
- Ensure the photo is in color and showcases a picture to help further explain the submitted article.
- Photos that are acceptable include members in appropriate clothing and displaying appropriate behavior.
- Photos must be sent as individual JPEG files.
3) Email the above information to Jackie Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Subject of the email must include your chapter’s name. In the email, please include the author of the chapter scoop.
Alumni On The Go!
This is an opportunity to showcase alumni from your chapter.
1) Submit an alumnus with photos of the past and present..
- A great quality photo should be submitted in JPEG format.
2) Alumnus should complete the form on the reverse side and should be out of the FFA for a minimum of five years.
Please send Alumni On The Go information to email@example.com.
California FFA News takes great pride in its members and chapters; we hope YOU take advantage of this great opportunity and showcase the outstanding activities your chapter is currently involved in!
CATA Vision 2030 Summer 2014 Report
Please CLICK HERE to download the CATA Vision 2030 Summer Report. The committee wants to make sure the report is available for all teachers to see. If you have questions or comments please send those items to members of the committees mentioned in the report. Also please take the opportunity to thank the volunteers for their commitment to California Agriculture Education and the teaching profession.
Arizona National's Livestock Show
The Arizona National Livestock Show would like to invite FFA Chapter members from across your state to join us at this year's ANLS Show. We are excited with upgrades made to existing contests, as well as with several new events that we hope will enhance the ANLS Experience for FFA members. I'd also like to point out that our Scholarship Program is open to ANY participant in the show - even those from other states. All ANLS information is available online at www.anls.org, and we will be posting the ANLS Premium Book and entry forms online the beginning of September.
Northern International Livestock Exposition (NILE) Merit Heifer program
The Northern International Livestock Exposition (NILE) Merit Heifer program awards a beef heifer to deserving 4-H and FFA members to help them start their SAE programs. In return for the free heifer, award recipients agree to show their heifer as a bred animal at the NILE show in Billings, MT in the fall of 2015.
Please visit: http://www.thenile.org/ to learn more about the NILE.
New Professionals Conference
1st - 3rd Year California Agriculture Teachers,
I hope your school year is off to a great start. Now that we have met our students, shared our syllabi, and hosted our first FFA meetings of the year it is time to start planning for ourselves!
The New Professionals Institute will be held at the Airport Piccadilly in Fresno on Wednesday, November 19th and Thursday, November 20, 2014. I do realize this is a departure from our traditional schedule but we are hoping this makes it easier for those attending the Central Region Road Show.
Attached, you will find the registration form. Begin processing your paperwork and submitting your materials. While not everyone receiving this email may find themselves in the 1st through 3rd year demographic, encourage the newer teachers in your school, section or region to register to be part of this important conference. It makes a difference!
As you have questions, do not hesitate to ask! Please Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need chapter t-shirts? If your chapter is planning to order FFA shirts, sweatshirts, or other FFA apparel, consider using Barefoot Apparel. The folks at Barefoot have made a generous donation to the California FFA and we would like to support them in return. Barefoot has great FFA designs, or they will work with chapters to create their own designs. Check out their FFA catalog at: http://www.barefootagriculture.com or Click on their Ordering Guide Here
California FFA Gear
The California FFA Association has partnered with Paula Maita and company out of Elk Grove, CA to offer a line apparel, bags, hats, etc with an exclusive California FFA Logo. If you are interested please CLICK HERE. The proceeds directly benefit the California FFA Association. Also if you are interested in the quality work and service Paula Maita provides, you may contact them directly for chapter specific promotional items.