- Home / Ag Ed for...
- About Us
- FFA Regions
- Career Development Events
- Conference Scholarships
- FFA Awards
- FFA Degrees
- National Delegate Program
- State Academic Scholarships
- State Officer Election
- State Conference Programs
- Calendar of Events
- Career Development Events
- State FFA Conference
- National FFA Convention
- Leadership Conferences
- State Events
- FFA Foundation
Ag Ed for Advisors
7 - San Joaquin State Degree EFM/WFM, Fresno
8 - San Joaquin State Degree TK, Tulare
9 - San Joaquin State Degree SEQ, Tulare
11 - Southern Region Spring Mtg, Pomona
11 - Cal Poly Pomona Field Day
16 - State Speaking Semifinals, Fresno
16 - Spring FFA Executive Meeting, Fresno
17 - State Parli Pro Finals, Fresno
18 - Fresno Field Day
18 - Clovis Wedling/ Specialty Animal Contest
18-21 - State FFA Leadership Conference, Fresno
2 - State CDE Finals, Cal Poly SLO
Advisor Update - Revised 5/18/15
2015 2016 Living to Serve Grants
The 2015-2016 LTS: Environmental grants are open and available for middle school, high school and collegiate FFA chapters to apply! About the grant:
- Must be a year-long service-learning project that addresses local environmental needs.
- Project topics include but are not limited to: wildlife conservation, bee health, land preservation, recycling, composting and more!
- Applications are due May 29th
- Here is the website to apply. [MORE]
Washington Leadership Conference Spaces Open
Now that the dust has settled a bit and summer plans are more fully coming into focus, we’re seeing some openings on our WLC schedule. At present, there are student registration slots available in weeks 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7. Previously some of these weeks were sold out but cancellations and changed plans have created some openings. Learn more and get registered. [MORE]
Future Agriculture Teacher Symposium
The National Teach Ag Campaign will select up to 21 current Ag Ed majors who will travel to Washington DC and participate in professional networking, development and be part of the live webcast.
Selected attendees will receive…
- $300 travel stipend
- A minimum of 2 nights lodging at the Residence Inn Pentagon City in Alexandria, VA
- Pre loaded DC Metro card • Most meals • DC monument night tour
- Professional development training
- Recognition during the live webcast Tentative
Tuesday, September 22nd
- Travel Day-Make travel plans to arrive at the hotel no later than 5:30pm
- Welcome reception and speaker
- Night monument tour
Wednesday, September 23
- All day professional development activities
- Evening on your own
Thursday, September 24
- Live webcast
- Travel home after 5pm
- Rooms will be available for those who are not able to get a flight home Thursday evening
To apply complete the online application by Sunday, June 7th at 11:59pm EDT. Selected applicants will be notified by June 30th with additional details. Those who will be student teaching the week of September 21 are not eligible to participate.
2015 "Native Youth in Food and Agriculture" Leadership Summit"
We’ve received some exciting applications for the 2015 “Native Youth in Food and Agriculture: Summer Leadership Summit” since early March, but we still have several seats available and only a month left to fill them! Applications for this year’s summit close Monday, June 1st – four weeks from now. Please keep spreading the word by distributing this email and the attached applications to youth in your communities! We are looking for first-time attendees, second-time attendees who will serve as “Summit Fellows”, and Student Leaders who are already attending college or university.
We seek American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian students with a passion and interest in food and agriculture who are willing to be our next generation of food and agriculture leaders in Indian Country.
We are offering up to $500 in travel assistance to every accepted student, thanks to generous support from the Intertribal Agriculture Council. Students can request travel assistance after acceptance to the program, as part of the paperwork they will need to complete and return prior to arrival. Additional travel assistance will be announced soon.
July 19-July 28, 2015 (this includes travel dates)
University of Arkansas – Fayetteville, Arkansas
Indigenous Food and Agriculture Initiative at the University of Arkansas School of Law
Farm Credit Council
Intertribal Agriculture Council
Three applications can be found at: http://law.uark.edu/ifai/summer-leadership-summit-native-youth-in-agricu...
1st time attendees: Complete the Student Application
2nd time attendees: Complete the Summit Fellow Application
College-aged: Complete the Student Leader Application
Cost to attend:
All food, lodging, instructional materials, and field trip costs will be provided.
Up to $500 in travel assistance is provided and additional funds will be announced shortly, but you must have applied and been accepted to be considered for travel assistance.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Rebecca Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (479) 575-4434.
You can submit your application by email (to email@example.com) or by mail to:
University of Arkansas School of Law
Indigenous Food and Agriculture Initiative
c/o Rebecca Sims
1045 W. Maple St.
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Learn more about this great program at: http://law.uark.edu/ifai/summer-leadership-summit-native-youth-in-agricu...
National FFA CDE Specialist
The National FFA Organization is accepting applications for our CDE specialist position based in Indianapolis. This position oversees our national CDEs and works with the educator/industry committees that provide the revision structure for each event. With the end of the school year fast approaching, please consider sharing this with those in your state who might be a good fit for this important and exciting management position. Please know that the National FFA does not seek to actively recruit current ag educators away from their classroom teaching position. But, if a teacher is considering a job change we welcome their application for any of our positions. Thanks for sharing this as you see fit: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=13364171&t=1
87th State FFA Conference Update
Please follow the links below to find information related to awards and programs during the 87th State FFA Leadership Conference
- Conference Session Information
- Delegate Business Information
- Distinguished Service, Honorary Degree, and Blue and Gold Hall of Fame Information
- National Chapter Award
- Nominating Committee Information
- Planning and Safety Information
- State Band, Choir, and Talent Information
- Star Farmer Awards
- Star Advisor, Admin, Counselor, Reporter, and Supporting Staff Awards
- State Officer Candidate Information
- Web Page Design Award
Tractor and Equipment Association Scholarship
The Tractor and Equipment Association offers a $1,000 scholarship to all high school seniors and current students at tech schools, community, junior and four-year colleges and universities. Awards will only be granted once per individual. Please limit response to space provided. Applications may be typed or hand-written.
Application deadline is Sept 1st. Electronic submission preferred! FAX: 888-328-7306 (or) E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
California FFA Newsletter - Spring Issue Available
The official newsletter and magazine for students enrolled in an Agricultural Education program in California. Published in fall, winter, spring and early summer, the newsletter is made available to over 76,000 students, educators, administrators and supporters of Agricultural Education. Each issue has updates from the State Officer team, local program spotlights, award and CDE results, information on leadership and personal growth conferences, and details on upcoming events.
Lincoln Welding Resources for Ag Mechanics Classrooms
Lincoln Welding provides a variety of resources for Agricultural Mechanics teachers. Please take a look at the resources below.
- Educator discount program - Download Flyer - An educator login is required to order at the discounted rate. Accounts can be set up at: http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/education-center/Pages/education-login-or-register.aspx
- Professional Development Workshops - Information about the professional development workshops can be found at: http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/education-center/seminars-and-workshops/Pages/educator-workshop.aspx.
- At this time, Lincoln Welding has a beginner and advanced workshop scheduled for summer, 2015. The two workshops that are set up are a great value at $200 for a week of professional development. These tend to fill up fast as they’re limited to 24 participants in each.
- James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation Award Program: http://www.jflf.org/awards/Awards-Home.aspx.
A good point of contact is the office’s administrative assistant, Vicki Wilson 216-383-2240 email@example.com.
California FFA Gear
The California FFA Association has partnered with Paula Maita and company out of Elk Grove, CA to offer a line apparel, bags, hats, etc with an exclusive California FFA Logo. If you are interested please CLICK HERE. The proceeds directly benefit the California FFA Association. Also if you are interested in the quality work and service Paula Maita provides, you may contact them directly for chapter specific promotional items.