- Home / Ag Ed for...
- About Us
- FFA Regions
- Career Development Events
- FFA Awards
- FFA Degrees
- National Delegate Program
- State Academic Scholarships
- State Officer Election
- State Conference Programs
- Calendar of Events
- Career Development Events
- State FFA Conference
- Schedule of Events
- General Sessions
- Delegate Operations
- Award Finalists
- State Scholarship & Proficiency Finalists
- Nominating Committee & State Officer Candidates
- State FFA Conference Press Releases & Media Info
- State FFA Conference Proceedings
- Delegate Operations
- State Conference Programs
- National FFA Convention
- Leadership Conferences
- State Events
- FFA Foundation
Ag Ed for Advisors
6-7 SC SOLC
11-15 Superior COLC
19-20 NC COLC
22 State Exec, Advisory and Adult Board Mtg
23 National Delegate Training
4-5 Central COLC
11-12 SC COLC
16-20 Junior Grand National - Cow Palace
18 - Southern COLC
26-31 National FFA Convention
- CA Recordbook Manual
- CA Recordbook Manual (Condensed)
- How to Use E-Recordbook
- I-Recordbook Quick Guide
- Sample Bus. Agreements
- Recordbook Problem Sets
- Budget Key 4.03
- Journal Key 12.02
- E-Recordbook FAQ
Advisor Update - Revised 9/5/14
California FFA Newsletter - Fall Issue Available
The official newsletter and magazine for students enrolled in an Agricultural Education program in California. Published in fall, winter, spring and early summer, the newsletter is made available to over 76,000 students, educators, administrators and supporters of Agricultural Education. Each issue has updates from the State Officer team, local program spotlights, award and CDE results, information on leadership and personal growth conferences, and details on upcoming events.
2014-15 Chapter DUE DATE Guide
The Chapter Due Date guide should serve as a resoure for all FFA Application and Conference Registration Due Date. Please download the File Below.
California FFA Recordbook Survey
California FFA is seeking your input with this short Record Book Survey
Please take this quick five-question survey regarding your chapter’s record book use. Click here to take the record book survey or copy and paste this link into your browser address bar: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TiVR5Pk8ZbkkSmwfXya35MLkv-q6NFgesTMag89gMd4/viewform
Helping Students Begin Their SAE Grant
Students can earn $1,000 to grow their SAE! Students can access the SAE Grant Application directly from their Degree Application Manager in AgCN. Review a list of the National FFA corporate sponsors that support this program, and their company information, to help students identify and select appropriate SAE Grant applications. Learn more at National FFA's site and encourage students to begin their application today!
California FFA News Submission
Article Submission Magazine is Published
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 Late Fall/Winter 2014
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 Spring 2015
Wednesday, April 8, 2015 Early Summer 2015
Chapter Scoop Details
1) Submit an article about your chapter’s recent activity.
- Article should be 100-150 words. (If article exceeds 150 words, it will be adjusted at the editor’s discretion.)
- Please do not include members or advisors names within the article.
- The “Chapter Scoop” should be about an interesting and/or unique type of FFA activity. We are not interested in the traditional type of activities to include monthly meetings, Career Development Events and judging teams. This is an opportunity to showcase new and innovative chapter activities.
2) Attach a GREAT quality digital photo.
- Ensure the photo is in color and showcases a picture to help further explain the submitted article.
- Photos that are acceptable include members in appropriate clothing and displaying appropriate behavior.
- Photos must be sent as individual JPEG files.
3) Email the above information to Jackie Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Subject of the email must include your chapter’s name. In the email, please include the author of the chapter scoop.
Alumni On The Go!
This is an opportunity to showcase alumni from your chapter.
1) Submit an alumnus with photos of the past and present..
- A great quality photo should be submitted in JPEG format.
2) Alumnus should complete the form on the reverse side and should be out of the FFA for a minimum of five years.
Please send Alumni On The Go information to email@example.com.
California FFA News takes great pride in its members and chapters; we hope YOU take advantage of this great opportunity and showcase the outstanding activities your chapter is currently involved in!
FFA at Dodger Stadium
On sunday, september 28, 1:10 p.m. join your Boys in Blue as they finish out the 2014 regular season! Bring your family, friends, and colleagues out to Dodger Stadium for a day of fun and fellowship at the ballpark! Your $32 ticket includes your seat for the game PLUS an All-You-Can-Eat menu of our world-famous Dodger dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts and soft drinks.
Groups of 20 or more enjoy special benefits including a personalized welcome message, customized tickets, and preferred seating options.
CATA Vision 2030 Summer 2014 Report
Please CLICK HERE to download the CATA Vision 2030 Summer Report. The committee wants to make sure the report is available for all teachers to see. If you have questions or comments please send those items to members of the committees mentioned in the report. Also please take the opportunity to thank the volunteers for their commitment to California Agriculture Education and the teaching profession.
Arizona National's Livestock Show
The Arizona National Livestock Show would like to invite FFA Chapter members from across your state to join us at this year's ANLS Show. We are excited with upgrades made to existing contests, as well as with several new events that we hope will enhance the ANLS Experience for FFA members. I'd also like to point out that our Scholarship Program is open to ANY participant in the show - even those from other states. All ANLS information is available online at www.anls.org, and we will be posting the ANLS Premium Book and entry forms online the beginning of September.
Northern International Livestock Exposition (NILE) Merit Heifer program
The Northern International Livestock Exposition (NILE) Merit Heifer program awards a beef heifer to deserving 4-H and FFA members to help them start their SAE programs. In return for the free heifer, award recipients agree to show their heifer as a bred animal at the NILE show in Billings, MT in the fall of 2015.
Please visit: http://www.thenile.org/ to learn more about the NILE.
New Professionals Conference
1st - 3rd Year California Agriculture Teachers,
I hope your school year is off to a great start. Now that we have met our students, shared our syllabi, and hosted our first FFA meetings of the year it is time to start planning for ourselves!
The New Professionals Institute will be held at the Airport Piccadilly in Fresno on Wednesday, November 19th and Thursday, November 20, 2014. I do realize this is a departure from our traditional schedule but we are hoping this makes it easier for those attending the Central Region Road Show.
Attached, you will find the registration form. Begin processing your paperwork and submitting your materials. While not everyone receiving this email may find themselves in the 1st through 3rd year demographic, encourage the newer teachers in your school, section or region to register to be part of this important conference. It makes a difference!
As you have questions, do not hesitate to ask! Please Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
FFA HUNGER HEROES CHALLENGE VIDEO CONTEST
Take a look at the FFA Hunger Heroes Challenge Video Contest. National FFA is asking chapters to create a 1-2 minute video about their hunger fighting efforts so they can INSPIRE others to do the same in their community. The deadline is September 26, 2014 and the prize is $1,000 for the winning chapter!
FFA HUNGER HEROES CHALLENGE VIDEO CONTEST
Create and submit a video focused on hunger awareness to INSPIRE and MOTIVATE others to join the fight against hunger! Follow the steps below and submit your chapter’s video by September 26, 2014 to be eligible for the $1,000 prize.
Video Contest Requirements
To be eligible for the $1,000 prize, your chapter must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Middle School, High School or Collegiate Chapter.
- State Officer Teams are not eligible.
- Video must
- Be a minimum of 1 minute and maximum of 2 minutes in length.
- Follow the objectives (outlined below).
- Be submitted through a YouTube video link.
- Open with a sign/visual that includes the Feeding Our World – Starting at Home logo (available at www.ffa.org/heroes ) as well as your FFA Chapter Name, City and State.
- Use appropriate language.
- FFA Attire preferred (t-shirt/polo or official dress)
- If not available, then attire without other large identifiable logos or wording.
- Have signed release forms submitted for all video participants. (Attach release forms upon submission of video.)
Any questions about the contest, please contact me at email@example.com or 317-802-4267.
National Convention - Pre-Convention Results
The California FFA Association has already had a positive start to the National Convention Season. Please take a look below at the results from the Pre-Convention Summer Scoring Activities.
- 16 National Finalists
- 2 – 3-Star Programs
- 3 – 2-Star Programs
- 5 – 1-Star Programs
- 18 National Finalists
- 14 Gold
- 13 Silver
- 1 Bronze
Non-State Trip National Convention Registration
Registration for the 87th National FFA Convention and Expo is officially open for chapters not utilizing state coordinated trip packages. Use this system specifically for concert and opening session tickets:
Registering for convention requires an active teacher/instructor AgCN account. As in past years, members, parents, chaperones, supporters, etc. cannot register themselves for convention. They must work with an agriculture teacher that has an active AgCN account.
Convention registration closes Monday, October 13th at 5:00pm EDT. Advisors are encouraged to register by at least October 1st to guarantee timely shipping of their convention registration packet.
National FFA Invitational Quiz Contest
Please see the attached flyer for information about the Invitational FFA Quiz Contest. This Jr. and Sr. Level Invitational Quiz contest is open to EVERY FFA chapter in the Nation and there is NO limit to the number of teams that can be entered by each state or chapter. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. David Frazier at Frazier@tarleton.edu.
Full Bright Teacher Exchange
The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching (DA) Program provides funding for highly accomplished U.S. primary and secondary level educators to take part in an intensive professional development program for three to six months abroad. The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and is administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
- Study in an overseas research center or university (academic support will be provided by a host institution advisor who will support the U.S. teacher and help contribute to the design and activities of the inquiry project);
- Participate in a virtual community with other participants to collaborate and share best practices about education in the participating countries;
- Work within local schools in the host country;
Complete an inquiry project which should enhance teachers’ learning and have practical applications to their teaching (see the Inquiry Project page for sample projects)
Need chapter t-shirts? If your chapter is planning to order FFA shirts, sweatshirts, or other FFA apparel, consider using Barefoot Apparel. The folks at Barefoot have made a generous donation to the California FFA and we would like to support them in return. Barefoot has great FFA designs, or they will work with chapters to create their own designs. Check out their FFA catalog at: http://www.barefootagriculture.com or Click on their Ordering Guide Here
California FFA Gear
The California FFA Association has partnered with Paula Maita and company out of Elk Grove, CA to offer a line apparel, bags, hats, etc with an exclusive California FFA Logo. If you are interested please CLICK HERE. The proceeds directly benefit the California FFA Association. Also if you are interested in the quality work and service Paula Maita provides, you may contact them directly for chapter specific promotional items.